Above: Mise en Place for recipe. All images taken with an iPhone 5
Steak & Eggs is one of those breakfast that we all enjoy, it is a medley of protein and vegetables that is a good healthy start to any day. My recipe has an abundance of vegetables in a tasty form that even people that are not vegetable fans would enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Ready In: Immediately
- Serves 4
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 8 oz of cube or minute steak diced
- 4 oz New Zealand Cheddar Cheese diced
- 2 medium Tomatoes diced
- 1 large Sweet Pepper diced
- McCormick Mesquite or Maple Smokehouse Seasoning to taste
- 4 large eggs
- In a large medium frypan head one tablespoon of oil to a medium heat
- Add diced Onion and cook for 1 minute
- Add diced Sweet Pepper and cook for a further minute
- Add cubed steak and cook for approximately 3 minutes, season with McCormick seasoning of your choice immediately after adding steak
- Add diced tomato and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add eggs and allow them to partially set before stirring the mixture
- Cook eggs to desired texture and serve immediately
Steak and eggs can be served as a filling breakfast when you have a challenging morning, this will provide nourishment to get you thru demanding tasks. You can serve it with toast or crackers and your choice of fruit juice or tea.
Subscribe to my blog in the box on the right for an email whenever I post a recipe or article about photography or technology etc.
I never imagined steak and eggs quite like this but I’m looking forward to trying this one. Thanks. Wish me luck. *side note – iphone 5 for president*
Ryan, this one is really quite simple, and it is good for you, if you are on an extreme health kick you can remove half the egg yolks and use just whites from two or more of the eggs. Enjoy… let me know how it works for you!