Above: Mise en Place for recipe. All images taken with an iPhone 5
Simple syrup is one of those staples that you incorporate into other recipes, here is my simple non-stovetop method for creating it.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Ready In: Immediately
- Yields 1 Gallon
- 2 cups Lemon juice (freshly squeezed or bottled)
- 4 cups piping hot Simple Syrup
- 3 quarts of ice
- Place 3 Quarts of ice into a large pitcher
- Add 2 cups of Lemon Juice
- Pour in 4 cups of piping hot simple syrup and stir vigorously till most of the ice is dissolved
Lemonade is perfect for summer, it is cool and refreshing. You can make flavored lemonades by simply mixing in your favorite flavor of juice/nectar in the 1/3rd Juice, 2/3rds Lemonade to taste. I have successfully used this recipe with Peach, Apricot, Cherry, Strawberry etc. You may have to adjust the ratio depending on the strength of the flavor of the juice you select.
Subscribe to my blog in the box on the right for an email whenever I post a recipe or article about photography or technology etc.